Serves That depends! Prep time 40 mins
Black garlic brownies are as decadent as they sound. Black garlic is also a great way of getting garlic into sweet dishes and has an unusual but delicious flavour.
· 250g quality dark choc 70-85%
· 225g of butter
· 250g of sugar
· 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
· 1/2 bulb black garlic (about 4 peeled cloves)
· 150g flour
· 1/2 tsp salt
· 4 eggs
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees C.
2. Grease and line a square 25 x 25 cm ovenproof dish and set aside.
3. Melt butter and chocolate together in bowl over steaming water. Melt only until just blended together, not to a point that the butter separates.
4. Remove from heat and mix in the sugar. The mixture will be grainy. Add one egg at a time, whisking each egg into the batter.
5. In a small bowl, use a fork to mash the black garlic into a paste.
6. Add the black garlic, vanilla, and salt to the batter and mix thoroughly.
7. Add flour to batter and mix thoroughly.
8. Pour batter into pan and spread evenly, smoothing top.
9. Bake in oven for 25 minutes or until top has a dull finish.
10. Cool on a rack.