The allocation of Isle of Wight primary school places has been announced today (Thursday), with 99 per cent of Island parents gaining a school of their choice.
- Number of applications — 1,136.
- Percentage of applications achieving first choice — 96 per cent.
- Percentage achieving second choice — 3 per cent.
- Percentage achieving third choice — 0.3 per cent.
- There are no children without a school place.
Councillor Paul Brading, Cabinet member for children’s services, education and skills, said: “We’re absolutely delighted 99 per cent of parents gained a school of their choice. We wish all our youngsters starting primary school in September all the very best.”
Most schools on the Island are currently open to provide a service for key workers and vulnerable children during the coronavirus pandemic.
However, parents wanting to contact the school where their child has secured a place should first visit https://www.iow.gov.uk/Council/OtherServices/School-Admissions/Starting-School-Primary-2020where more information is being provided.
Photo by Chris Liverani